LM317 IC Battery Charger Circuit
LM317 circuit is used to charge the two 12V/7AH lead-acid batteries in series, So two 12V/7AH batteries connected in series can be considered as a 24V/7AH battery. When two batteries are connected in series, the voltage will add up and the current capacity remains the same.
From the circuit diagram, the current limiting lead-acid battery charger designed the variable voltage regulator IC LM 317. the supply voltage is taken from step down transformer is about 230V/35V this supply is fed to the bridge rectifier The charging current depends on the value of resistor R2 and here it is set to be 700mA. Resistor R3 and POT R4 determine the charging voltage.
24V lead acid battery charger circuit Using with LM317 IC
LM317 battery charger circuit
LM317 IC Battery Charger Circuit Components Required
- Good quality PCB to Assemble the circuit
- 230V/35V Transformer
- 1N5003 diodes, 3A
- LM317 must be fitted with a heat sink
- 12V/7AH/6 cell lead-acid batteries OR a 24V/7AH/12 cell lead-acid battery
- F1 can be a 2A fuse
LM317 IC Applications:
- LM317 has 3-Terminal Adjustable Regulator.
- LM317 capable of supplying more than 1.5 A over an output-voltage range of 1.25 V to 37 V.
- Thermal Overload Protection.
- Internal Short-Circuit Current Limiting