Battery Voltage Monitor
This operational amplifier IC (LM709) electronic project is used to monitor the charging and discharging of the battery so that the battery voltage does not exceed the specified level. It basically acts like a controlled charger. It shows the battery condition for this Battery Voltage Monitor Circuit.
Battery Voltage Monitor Circuit Diagram
The above Battery voltage monitor circuit the voltage in this potential splitter is supplied to the inverter input pin of the comparator. Resistor R3 and R4 are used as the LED current limiter.
Operation Of the Battery Voltage Monitor Circuit
- The Battery Voltage Monitor Circuit is powered by the 12V battery.
- When the voltage level of the battery increases up to 13.5 volts, the voltage at the inverting input is less than the voltage at the non-inverting input and the output of the OP-AMP goes low.
- LED1 begins to emit red light which indicates that the battery is overcharged.
- When the voltage level of the battery falls to 10volts, the voltage at the inverting terminal is less than the voltage at the non-inverting terminal.
- The OPAMP output goes high. LED2 begins to emit GREEN light which indicates that the battery needs to be charged.
Components required for Battery Voltage Monitor:
- 12v battery
- LM709 IC
battery voltage monitor pdf
applications of the battery voltage monitor
battery voltage monitor project report
battery voltage monitor components
working of the battery voltage monitor
battery voltage monitor using op-amp
battery voltage monitor project pdf